Kelly Rowland: Whitney memory is everything

LOS ANGELES, CA - MARCH 02: Recording artist Kelly Rowland attends the 22nd Annual Elton John AIDS Foundation's Oscar Viewing Party on March 2, 2014 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Frederick M. Brown/Getty Images)

Kelly Rowland loves the fact she can return to the hotel that Whitney Houston sang to her in and relive the moment.

前天命真女團員凱莉羅蘭Kelly Rowland,在出席慈善活動時受訪談及了初見她的偶像Whitney Houston的情景.....

The Destiny's Child star lists her favourite destinations for British magazine Stylist with India, London and New York all making the cut.
The City of Angels was high on the list as it's where the late Whitney sang to lifelong fan Kelly.
"LA will always to be special to me because I met my idol, Whitney Houston, there. She sang to me once in the lobby of Hotel Nikko [now the SLS] and I will never, ever, ever forget it," Kelly gushed.
"For the woman who inspired me to sing, to sing for me - wow. I can go into that lobby now and relive that moment all over again. Los Angeles is full of those sort of incredible memories, mainly because the awards shows happen in town, It's the place I won my first Grammy. That was a really great feeling."
Other favourites include Kelly's birth city Atlanta, which she remembers fondly because of the time she spent with her grandma.
Kelly now resides in Miami when she's not in LA working, and the seafront city is the place the 33-year-old calls her spiritual home.
"I have a place in LA but I love to get back home - home, home - to the beach in Miami. I'm a beach bum. I could be a beach bum all day long for days at a time. When I have some rare time off it's the first place I head.
"I love being by the water. I feel that it gives me a real sense of inner peace. I don't know if it's because I'm am Aquarian but I love the water and being by the ocean. I am so grateful my house is right on the water," she enthused.

Source:Belfast Telegraph

凱莉羅蘭Kelly Rowland在訪談中提到,L.A對她而言,是個充滿美好回憶的地方。在這個地方,她曾經初次見到啟發她歌唱事業的偶像惠妮,也拿到了生平的第一座葛萊美獎,洛杉磯對她而言,在她心目中永遠佔有一席之地。

在惠媽驟逝的那個月,凱莉在出席前拳王阿里Muhammad Ali的70歲生日宴時,和傳奇歌手史提夫汪達Stevie Wonder一同合作演唱惠媽經典名曲‘Greatest Love Of All’,那個對惠妮迷而言十分煎熬的時刻,凱莉的演出格外令人動容。

Kelly Rowland Performs Whitney Houstons ‘Greatest Love Of All’ @ Muhammad Ali’s 70th Birthday
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whitney at the Prince Azim Birthday's Party!