Billboard.com公佈了Whitney新專輯部份曲目


全球都為Whitney瘋狂的同時,在Billboard.com的報導裡,公佈了惠妮新專輯"I Look To You"裡的部份曲目!

Whitney Houston appeared at the world premiere of her new album, "I Look to You" (Arista), in London last night (July 14).

A healthy-looking Houston appeared briefly on stage at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in Knightsbridge after Sony Music chief creative officer Clive Davis played nine tracks from the album, due to be released Sept. 1 in the U.S. The U.K. release is via RCA on Aug. 31.

Whitney Houston new album"I Look To You"
美國的發行日期是2009/09/01 (Arista Records/Sony Music)。
英國及全球發行日期則是2009/08/31 (RCA Records/Sony Music)。


Houston thanked Davis for his work on the album, saying: "When Clive called me I was pretty ready to buy my island home [and retire] but he said, 'No, you're going to sing again, people want to hear you.'"

Describing the album as "a labor of love" she said: "I hope that these songs stay with you for a lifetime."

Davis - who worked with Houston for the first time in 10 years on the album - stressed the album is "by no means done," while many of the songs played were still in unfinished form.

"We didn't try to fit Whitney Houston into the market," Davis said. "The copyrights associated with Whitney in the 1980s and '90s are part of the fabric of music today."

Nonetheless, collaborators on the album read like a who's who of contemporary pop/R&B, with songwriters and producers including Alicia Keys, Diane Warren, Stargate, R Kelly and Akon, who duets with Houston on "Like I Never Left."

Whitney Houston new album"I Look To You"
曲風偏向pop流行/R&B節奏藍調
Producers including專輯製作人有:
Alicia Keys
Diane Warren
Stargate
R. Kelly
Akon
(參與製作及合唱)
David Foster(報導裡沒提到,應該是遺漏掉了!)


The tracks played were "Million Dollar Bill," "Nuthin' But Love," "Call You Tonight" (which Davis said was a likely lead single), "I Didn't Know My Own Strength," "Like I Never Left," "For the Lovers," "I Look to You," "Worth It" and a cover of Leon Russell's "A Song for You."

Whitney Houston new album"I Look To You"
曲目如下,以下排序非專輯正式排序:
"Million Dollar Bill" - Swizz Beatz/Alicia Keys
"Nuthin' But Love" - Danja
"Call You Tonight" - Stargate/Johnta Austin
"I Didn't Know My Own Strength" - David Foster/Diane Warren
"Like I Never Left" - Akon/Claude Kelly
"For the Lovers" - Danja/Claude Kelly
"I Look to You" - Harvey Mason/Tricky Stewart/R. Kelly
"Worth It" - Eric Hudson/Johnta Austin
"A Song for You" - Leon Russell經典名曲重新翻唱,惠妮在1991年Welcome Home Heroes演唱會上,曾經演唱過這首歌。 - Stargate/Leon Russell

在倫敦試聽發表會上,公佈了這9首新歌(只是專輯裡的部份曲目喔~)


The overall feel of the album was notably contemporary, while retaining Houston's trademark vocal flourishes. The up-tempo songs "Nuthin' But Love" and "A Song for You" received the best reaction from the invited audience of international media, while Davis particularly praised slower songs like the Warren-penned ballad "I Didn't Know My Own Strength" and R Kelly's title track, hailing Houston as "the premium balladeer of our time."

Source:Billboard.com


惠妮2009年新歌總複習

Whitney Houston - A Song For You (1991 Live)



Whitney Houston+Akon - Like I Never Left



Whitney Houston - I Didn't Know My Own Strength
MP3









Comments

  1. 個人希望"Like I Never Left"做一首官方REMIX的版本!
    蠻愛這一首歌的,可以跟R.Kelly和阿肯混一下ㄚ.嘻嘻

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Song for You耶!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To a-farn:
    "Like I Never Left"聽說有重後製過,試聽會上發表的新歌,幾乎都是還沒完成後製的(傳聞是這樣,事實上有無後製過,7/21(Tuesday) New York場的試聽會,應該會有更新的消息發布!)。


    To 威爾:
    A Song for You聽說是舞曲版喔!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Whitney at the Prince Azim Birthday's Party!