Kevin Costner大叔上GMA暢談與惠妮合作"The Bodyguard"的感想

17年了,最近沒啥戲可演,換了新老婆的Kevin Costner,今天上了美國晨間新聞節目暢談與惠妮合作的種種!

Costner on Houston's New Album: 'I Knew This Day Was Coming'

Kevin Costner and Whitney Houston Made Movie Magic in 'The Bodyguard'


Whitney Houston, the beauty with the megawatt voice, and Kevin Costner, Hollywood's iconic superstar actor, made screen history in "The Bodyguard." 17 years later, Costner still remembers the decision to cast Houston in the film.

"I remember Whitney before she was in the movie," Costner said. "And I just looked at her and I said, 'Oh man, this girl really -- she just really has it.'"

Their on-screen chemistry and Costner's vision for how Houston's singing would thread the film together led to a movie that made an indelible mark and to the most successful film soundtrack of all time.

Costner calls Houston "a true beauty, and such a musical instrument."

"It wasn't really a mystery to me when Whitney ended up in 'The Bodyguard,'" he said, laughing. "I really wanted her. And there was a moment in time where it was -- could have maybe been somebody else. And I said, 'No, I want to wait. I want to wait for Whitney.'"

The film's screenwriter Larry Kasdan, producer Jim Wilson and studio Warner Brothers agreed.

"We postponed the movie for a year to wait for Whitney," Costner said. "That's the game you play a lot of times with movies. Could somebody else play that role? Of course, somebody could have. But, nobody better."

Houston's version of the Dolly Parton-penned song "I Will Always Love You," became the movie's iconic anthem, but Costner said it wasn't even supposed to be in the film. The song they planned to include, "What Becomes of a Broken Heart," appeared in another film that year.

"I didn't want to duplicate that," Costner said. "Dolly's song just was a song that I'd always really, really loved."

When there was concern that a country song performed a cappella wouldn't get enough radio support, Costner recalled saying, "I don't really care. … But I wouldn't be too sure about that."

The song choice wasn't the only long shot. There was also the question of how mainstream audiences would react to a mixed race romance.

"When Whitney was cast there was talk about, well, should we make mention of it, you know, in a scene," he said. "And all parties really looked at each other and we said, 'No ... let's not do that. This is a woman. This is not race."

Costner on Kissing Houston

When the characters kissed in the movie, Costner said it "was just about good old fashioned chemistry. Boy-girl stuff."

"That kiss was all about that," he said. "That was about a man and a woman saying thank you to each other."

Costner joked that "I kissed her once for everybody in America, and I kissed her once for myself."

There's something else you might not know about the man who kissed Whitney Houston for America. The actor, filmmaker, husband and father is on stage in a surprising new role -- lead singer for his own rock-and-roll band, Modern West.

"I, you know, ultimately love to perform," he said. "When I'm on stage playing live is when I actually feel the best. And my wife, for that matter, says that's when I -- she thinks I'm more myself than any other place."

It may be the same for Whitney Houston. As the world looks to the release of her first new album in seven years in September, Costner says we'll be glad she's back.

"I knew this day was coming for her," he said. "Because she's too strong, too smart, too talented. And she has so much residual love out there that people have for her. And, you know, we see some of the greatest people we know sometimes have to struggle -- struggle so publicly. And she has. And she's had that ...period that she doesn't want to revisit, doesn't need to revisit. It's part of her."

Legendary producer Clive Davis told "Good Morning America" that one song on the new album called "I Didn't Know My Own Strength" speaks to Houston's resilience. Costner also pointed to his former co-star's ability to bounce back.

"Everybody who's watching, everybody who's done this business, we've all been broken a little bit," Costner said. "We've all been bruised. And life has taken, you know, some big bites out of all of us. But, you know, Whitney Houston has taken some big bites out of life. And we've all been the better for it."

Houston will kick off "GMA's" Fall Concert Series in September. Stay tuned to "GMA" and abcnews.com/gma for more information, and CLICK HERE to visit Whitney Houston's official Web site.


Source:ABCnews.com


Kevin Costner提到,當初"The Bodyguard"在前置作業時,選角就鎖定惠媽,為了配合惠妮的檔期,電影整整延後一年才推出。

註:"The Bodyguard"10周年特別版DVD中,電影監製在幕後花絮的訪談裡有提到,"The Bodyguard"這個案子是在198X年就已經出爐,但中間經手太多人都沒拍成,Kevin Costner看過劇本後當下就決定開拍,並身兼電影監製之一。

事實證明,Kevin Costner的堅持是對的,"The Bodyguard"的成功,將兩人的事業都推向另外一個高峰,電影原聲帶也成為史上最暢銷的原聲帶專輯!

訪談裡,主持人問到Kevin Costner對惠妮今年重返樂壇的看法。
Kevin Costner說:我一直都知道這一天會來臨!惠妮擁有天份,聰明又堅強。許多偉大及成功的人,總會在人生裡遇到一些波折。她經歷過那些大家都知道的狀況,但她不需被大眾批判她經歷過什麼,畢竟,那是她生命裡的一個部份(一段經歷)。


Sony Music西洋部落格的報導:新聞:惠妮休斯頓復出,新歌今天(30日)iRadio獨家首播






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whitney at the Prince Azim Birthday's Party!